The next day we got another up close and personal view of great white sharks. We drove (way too early in the morning) a couple of hours from Capetown to False Bay where we donned wet suits and jumped into a metal cage attached to a boat and partially submerged in chilly water. The crew threw out bait that brought the fish close to the cage and then told us to duck underwater where we could see the Great White swim right in front of our eyes. I mean, seriously, I could have reached out and touched one, if that hadn't been on the list of strictly prohibited things to do when a hungry shark passes your way. It was pretty amazing, and once again, I felt like I was living the National Geographic dream vacation.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Sharks, Part 2
The next day we got another up close and personal view of great white sharks. We drove (way too early in the morning) a couple of hours from Capetown to False Bay where we donned wet suits and jumped into a metal cage attached to a boat and partially submerged in chilly water. The crew threw out bait that brought the fish close to the cage and then told us to duck underwater where we could see the Great White swim right in front of our eyes. I mean, seriously, I could have reached out and touched one, if that hadn't been on the list of strictly prohibited things to do when a hungry shark passes your way. It was pretty amazing, and once again, I felt like I was living the National Geographic dream vacation.
Labels:
South Africa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment